Table of Contents
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft that was announced on June 24, 2021, and is the successor to Windows 10, which was released in 2015.
Windows 11 appeared on the screen with many modifications. You can change things on your Windows 11 device as per your choiche.
How to modify Windows 11 Date Time Format
There are two methods to do this:
- From Settings.
- From Control Panel
Settings: Modify Windows 11 Time Format
Steps to do this are given below:
- Head to the System Settings on your Windows 11 device. You can do this by pressing the Windows+ I key combination. Else, you can also access the System Settings from the Start Menu. Just click the windows icon on the taskbar and then tap-open the Settings icon.
- Now, click on Time & Language on the left pane and then select Language & Region from the right panel.
- Now Scroll down on the right pane and select the Regional format option to expand it as given below.
- Under the Regional format option, click on Change formats.
- From the list of options that appear on the right-pane, click on the drop-box next to Short time and Select any of the following actions as per your preference:
- Select 7:10 AM if you want time to be displayed in 12 hour clock format
- Or, Select 8:20 if you want time to be displayed in 24 hour clock format
Control Panel: Modify Windows 11 Time Format
Now, yet another way to change 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock in windows 11( or vice-versa)is there. And, it includes changing the setting through the Control Panel. So, below is how to do it:
- Firstly, open the Control Panel on your Windows 11 PC. To go to the Control Panel, click on the windows icon on the taskbar and it will open the Start menu. Now, type Control Panel in the search box, and under best match click on the Control Panel icon. It will lead to the immediate launch of the Control Panel on your device.
- Now, under Clock and Region, tap Change Date, time, or number formats.
- In the result window that open-up, Click on the dropbox next to Short time and select any of the two formats as per your preference:
- Select HH: mm or H: mm format for 24-hour clock
- Or, select hh: mm for 12-hour clock
- Whatever format you select, your next step is to click on Apply and then OK option at the bottom.
How to modify Date format in Windows 11.
Now, we will be discussing the steps to change the date format in windows 11 to yyyy/mm/dd. So, keep on reading:
- First of all, go to the System Setting by pressing the Windows+I key combination.
- Now, Click on Date & Language on the Left-pane.
- Then, scroll down on the right side and click on Regional Formats.
- Under the Regional Format option, click on Change Formats.
- Then, on the resultant window, click on the drop-box next to Short date and Select 2017-04-05( date may warry but select a format beginning with the year).
Hope this guide will help you to solve your problems.